Our Lady of Victory Parish has been serving the Lord in the Palisades community since 1909. We welcome you to join us for worship, fellowship and religious education for all ages. Our mission is to faithfully embrace and promote the values and teachings of Christ through worship, education and service to others.
Latest News at Our Lady of Victory
Please Be Advised: Now that school has started, please be very careful in the parking lot. For those that attend 11:30 Mass, please remember the gates will close for recess at 12:15. Thank you!
Adult Education Lectures at OLV by Fr. Leo Lefebure at 7:00 pm in the OLV Church:
- Sunday September 22, 2019: Ethiopia has a very long and distinguished history dating to the early Church period. This talk will offer an overview of major moments in the history and traditions of Christianity in Ethiopia and will discuss the current situation of Ethiopian Orthodox Christians and Catholics.
- Sunday September 29, 2019: Cardinal John Henry Newman, one of the most influential theologians of the nineteenth century, will be canonized in October 2019. This talk will review the major moments in his life journey and will discuss his theological contributions, especially to views of the development of doctrine in history.
Religious Education Classes Starting Soon:
- Sign up forms will be available as of August 31st at the back of the church and on the OLV website to print out and turn in to the parish office. The first day of classes is September 15th at 9:00am.
- First Communion candidates will have aninformational meeting as well as their first retreat Sunday, October 6th during regular class time.
- Please note that First Communion and Confirmation are 2 year programs. To celebrate First Communion or Confirmation your child must be in their second year of RE classes. We have Confirmation every other year at OLV so this year's 6th and 7th graders will be confirmed in spring 2021.
- Download the 2019-2020 Religious Education Calendar.
Poor Box Donations for the month of September will benefit the Catholic Relief Services Helping Hands Project.